March 28, 2012

On being IN FRONT of the camera.

I've said it before - being in front of the camera is an uncomfortable place for photographers. We like the other side. Being the one pressing the shutter.

However, I couldn't pass up on the chance to have my photo taken by the amazing Amy & Jordan. These two are so incredibly talented and more importantly such genuine and kind people. We were laughing the entire time - Jordan does a great 'Canadian' accent and his remix of MJ's 'Billy Jean' to 'Kari Jeanne' had me in tears!! I am so blessed to have met them.

I learned a lot from being the subject of a photo shoot. It was so great to hear how Amy & Jordan interact with their client and see different posing techniques they use. The biggest thing I took away from the experience is how it makes me want to make my clients feel comfortable in front of my camera - it's a guaranteed way to get great images!

The main reason I was so excited about having them take photo's of me was to have new - non self portrait in the mirror - photo's to display on the blog! Check out the updated About Me section! I know it's kinda cliche but I really feel like they captured 'me'.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Super duper humungous THANK YOU to Amy & Jordan - you two are almost too talented for your own good ;)

1 comment:

The Smith's said...

man you're beautiful!! love them!!
ps. the outfit was PERFECT